News & Headlines

Raleigh, NC – March 2020

New and updated site coming soon! Check back often to see the new look and feel!

April 4th, 2020

First of all the South Edgecombe Rural Firemen want to thank the UPOC pullers and members for working with them in trying to determine if the 2020 event was a go or no go. Patrick Sharp wanted to especially thank the pullers who agreed to work with them to make the 2020 event Regional National. During their meeting many things had to be taken into consideration. The virus is still growing and more people are getting sick daily and there is no end in site right now. Their event was only six weeks away and many things needed to have already been done and many more things need to be done. Most of the tasks from now to the event would be costly and if the event had to be canceled due to the virus they would be right back like they were two years ago with a lot of expense and no event to recover. After much consideration and agonizing over whether to move forward or save the expense and cancel the Pinetops event the fire department has decided to cancel for this year. Patrick has been a spark plug for the fire department and in promoting the tractor pull. He sends his regrets to all the people who have worked with them in making the event successful.

April 15th, 2020

Update from Wayne Lewis, Event Coordinator: I hope this finds everyone well and free from the virus. This has put a strain on all of us and with prayers and time we will get through it. I wanted to give you and update on the next two coming events. Jody from at Roxboro Motorsports Park is still planning to have his event on June 6th. Of course this depends on the status of the virus and the government allowing people to congregate, but for right now this is still on. Kevin Shipman with the Piedmont Drag Strip is planning to have their event on June 20th and again this is depending on the virus status. This is a great facility for a truck and tractor pull and I would hate to miss this opportunity. Time will tell. The decision to “go” or “no go” for these events will be made by the promoters at least six weeks prior to the event as it takes the promoter time to prepare and advertise for the event. I am working closely with the promoters to ensure that we give the event every opportunity to be successful.